STUDY OF THE BAY AREA
“The Economics of Child Abuse: A Study of the Bay Area” calculates the cost of child abuse to the greater Bay Area.
The 10 Bay Area counties include Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Monterey County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, and Sonoma County.
2019 Bay Area Snapshot 2018 Bay area Snapshot 2018 BAY AREA Infographic
- There are about 64,000 reports of child abuse in the Bay Area each year — that’s one report every nine minutes.
- The economic cost to the Bay Area for the 5,775 victims in 2017 is $2 billion.
- Given significant underreporting, the estimated cost could be as high as $67.8 billion for one year of victims.
TOOLS FOR SHARING
- Child Abuse costs the Bay Area $2 Billion each year. It’s time we protect children & reduce the #CostOfAbuse. New report by @safesoundkids http://safeandsound.org/CostOfAbuse
- Fascinating report by Safe & Sound about the Economics of Child Abuse. One year of child abuse victims costs the community $226.5M. http:/safeandsound.org/CostOfAbuse